Siewert & Kau RMA – Quick and easy product returns
Defective product? No problem!
It goes without saying that all our products come with a warranty. If the manufacturer does not guarantee direct service processing, you can contact us at any time.
This is how you can return defective goods
First apply for a RMA number using our online RMA form in the shop. You will need access to our online shop, which you can obtain if required via email@example.com
After logging into the shop, you will find the menu item “RMA” in your personal menu. From there you can create a new RMA and add products by either entering the serial number, manufacturer article number, EAN or invoice number. Finish the entries with click on “Finalise RMA”.
The Siewert & Kau RMA tool – it’s that simple
Simply click through the simple steps in the presentation below to familiarise yourself with our RMA tool.
What to bear in mind when returning goods
We only offer free service handling for products purchased through Siewert & Kau.
Please apply for an RMA number via our online shop before sending it in
Handling of Transport damages
→ Leave the goods and the shipping box unchanged in any case.
→ Do not use the goods under any circumstances.
→ Report the damage immediately, i.e., within 24 hours.
The shipping box must be kept until complete clarification!
Obviously damaged/re-taped packages must be noted on the delivery papers when the consignment is accepted and countersigned by the driver.
If the driver refuses to note the damage, it is best to refuse acceptance.
If one or more items are missing or wrong in the package, please contact us by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advantages for a direct processing via the manufacturer
- Shorter processing time
- prompt Repair/replacement
- direct and faster communication with the manufacturer
The following product groups must be processed directly by the manufacturer.
- Brother consumables (ink, toner, etc.)
- HP Business Devices
**** Essential information regarding Brother Ink Cartridges ****
We would like to inform you that there may currently be longer delays on the transport routes. As a result, the ink cartridges from our warehouse have a minimum shelf life of at least 3 months instead of the recommended minimum shelf life of 12 months. We would therefore kindly ask you to refrain from returning these ink cartridges.
- Request an RMA number via our online portal.
- Receipt of an RMA number entitles the customer to return the goods but does not constitute approval of free processing under warranty. Such a decision can only be taken after inspection of the goods or the defect.
- Before sending goods to us, make sure that you have a back-up from data stored on the product and that you have removed any personal, confidential, or proprietary information. We are not responsible for permanent loss, damage, misuse, recovery, or restoration of data. We do not back up data. This also applies if you can no longer access your data due to a defect. Please ensure that all Apple products are completely disconnected from the cloud and/or that no Google accounts are connected or logged in to the device. Otherwise, a return fee of €24.90 plus VAT will be charged.
- The return of the defective goods must be carriage paid. We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of goods sent freight collect.
- Please make sure that the goods are sent in safely packed and padded. We are not liable for damage in transit or loss of the goods in transit to us.
- Please return the items including the hardware components (e.g., desktop complete, all cables included, etc.) to us.
- The original packaging, driver CDs and manuals do not have to be included. Please send in mainboards and graphic cards without accessories, but with CPU cover/ I/O Shield / backplate / 12V adapter cable.
- Damage caused by leaking ink & toner cartridges is not covered by the RMA.
- Please print out the RMA confirmation and enclose it to the package.
- Please note on the package, clearly visible, the RMA number/s assigned to you.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept packages without a RMA number.
- The return of the goods should be sent to:
Siewert & Kau Service GmbH
- The return period is 14 days from receipt of the RMA number. Complaints that reach us after the deadline will be returned unprocessed and subject to a charge. (€24.90 plus VAT)
- In case of damage or problems not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, the following charges may apply.
- Calculation of an inspection fee
- Preparation of a cost estimate
- Preparation of an invoice (replacement, repair, additional charge, etc.)
These costs are to be paid by you and will not be covered by us.
Shipping to countries outside the EU
All duties and costs in the receiving country are to be paid by the recipient.